Thursday, October 6, 2011

En route!

Hello friends,

We are currently on our way to India! We are in DC now and are heading to Frankfurt (8 hr flight) and then Chennai (9 hr flight). It will be a long couple of days but it will definitely be worth it!

I don't think I realized I was actually leaving until I got in the car this morning to drive to the airport. It finally hit me... I'm going on a plane to go to the other side of the world, how cool is that?! I've never been to India, Asia, or a developing country - it will be such an interesting experience.

A commong question I've been receiving is "What are you most nervous about?" Truth is, I'm only really nervous about getting sick. I know I will get sick, it's a given. I'm only worried about getting sick in a really awful place and that it might inconvenience other people in our group. As Rimes put it though, it will make for a great story!

I'm hoping to have pretty reliable internet access during our five week stay at university. I expect the internet to be a little more intermittent during our three weeks of travels. Either way I will do my best to stay in touch with everyone. I will miss you all but I also know it will be a great experience.

India is for lovers,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment