Thursday, May 19, 2011

St. James' Infirmary

The Preservation Hall last night was awesome. The place was tiny but the band was really good.


I know you all are curious, and this is actually how I ended up dancing last night:
And then I went behind the band and ended up stealing the show:

Today we went to Jean Lafitte park (which is about 45 minutes outside of NOLA) and went on an airboat ride. Our Captain's name was Tick-Toc and this man was real country. He attracted gators towards our boat using marshmellows, which he called  "Swamp Crack" because the gators couldn't turn it down. He pulled one out of the water at one point. He also had a baby gator at one point along the ride.




Rule #1: I'm number one
Rule #2: Croc's number two

For the culturally unenlightened folk: allow me to educate you (2:54). 

Afterward I went out to do some research with Mike W, who came down from Furman yesterday. He and I are doing research on Hurricane Katrina commemorations. We're examining where  commemoration sights are, relative to where the storm actually did damage. 

Tomorrow we are headed to the House of Dance and Feathers and the Backstreet Cultural museums in the morning. In the afternoon I am doing some research again.

Better finish up an actual school assignment,

Drew

1 comment:

  1. Get it, Drew! Tear up that dance floor!! No, fo realz tho, you're doin good work, son. Keep it up. And don't handle too many croc's.

    ReplyDelete